Well, it’s Saturday again and time for the weekly alpha update. This week we’ve closed lots of bugs, updated the website, and added a few new bits of shiny gear to the game itself.
It’s now possible to create screenshots while inside the game and post them directly to Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pintrest, and Google+. Just click on one of the social media icons at the top of the screen and the AdventureBox server will generate a screenshot and open a popup directly on your chosen social media site.. Easy peasy!
The full release notes for this version are:
- A shiny new authentication system in response to feedback from alpha players
- It’s now possible to delete worlds you previously created – woo!
- Torches are no longer static white voxels – now they emit flames in the color of the light they generate
- It’s now possible to post automatically generated screenshots from within the game to Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pintrest, and Google+
- An update to the whole website, with media gallery, alpha signups, and more
- Fixed an annoying bug that sometimes made it impossible to scroll all the way down on the alpha UI (thanks to the reporter for that one!)
- Assorted minor bug fixes