Let’s continue talking about creating worlds, this time using Google Maps!
Now, what is the Google Maps Import?
Why, exactly what it sounds like – This function allows you to import a geographical location into Adventure Box. You could, for example, import and recreate your neighbourhood, if you wanted. Or any other location that you fancy.
Alright, let’s start!
- Clicking the Google Import icon will take you to a world map.
- Click and drag on the map to move it. Zoom in (Done by holding down the Ctrl key on your keyboard while scrolling your mouse wheel) on the part of the world you want to import and click Next. This will start a scanning process.
Just remember, the bigger the selected area is, the longer it’ll take to scan.
- After that, you confirm the process by clicking Create World.
- Wait some more while the world is imported. My favorite pastime.
- The world has been imported! Now you can edit it to look just like the part of the world you’ve scanned! Or take some more creative liberties with it if you want to – An Eiffel Tower in your cul-de-sac? Why not?
Next time, we’ll start going over actually editing your world – Yessir, we’re going to talk about the Maker function!
Hope to see you then!
Here’s our Youtube tutorial on World Creation (Which includes the Google Import function), if you learn best through watching videos:
And for further questions, please send us an email at email@example.com
Or join our Discord server: https://discord.gg/eutfugR
The Adventure Box Team