These are some videos showing the adventure maker and player tools in various stages of development. More videos in our Youtube Channel
These are some screenshots from the alpha version of the game so far.
These are concept art graphics created in preparation for development of the game.
Description and features
Adventure Box makes it easy and fun to play, make and share 3D games in the browser.
As an Adventure Maker you can create worlds, design their terrain, seas and skies, and then fill them with villages, towns, people and monsters, to create stories and adventures. You can also use portals to connect your worlds to other worlds created by Adventure Makers. Worlds can either be open world style or battlefields.
As an Adventure Player you can create your own character and set off to explore the universe of worlds and games created by other players and by the Adventure Box team.
Currently the game is in the open beta testing stage. We really appreciate what you take the time to share your feedback. You can send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or join our Discord server: https://discord.gg/eutfugR
Please see the logos with different backgrounds in PNG format or download it in Adobe Illustrator format here
Interviews & articles
- The RPG Adventure Box is mentioned as “A Minecraft-inspired voxel-based world, Adventure Box is ambitious – it’s split between two major modes: Adventure maker and Adventure player.” GAME™ My News Desk
- Latest news at My News Desk
- Death By Beta, who had already mentioned us in the past, have now produced a new article about our Kickstarter: Death By Beta
- The Tumblr blog Indie Game Newz has also posted an article about us and shared it to their tumblr followers : Indie Game Newz
- “We got mentioned on the BigRedBarrel UK podcast! Check out the EGX episode 115 here!”
- “Our CTO Rob got interviewed by the awesome Explosive Alan Productions guys at EGX! ”
- “We have another interview from the EGX show floor. This time from Epic Geeks who ask our CTO Rob some in depth questions about Adventure Box’s development.” Thanks to AGradeGamers for the interview! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEItfaoDS0g”
- “This great review at AlphaBetaGamer is really driving applications to Alpha test Adventure Box!”
Chairman of the Board Peter Lönnquist, BA from Stockholm School of Economics. A senior business man with multiple board assignments to his credit, including two online gaming companies, one bank (Nordea) and one Ven Cap company. He has international business experience through assignements in the USA, Middle East and Far East.
CEO Christopher Kingdon have started and run four different startups of his own. He has also been involved as management in four other startups that he has helped build and sell. He holds a Master of Science from KTH and an MBA from the Stockholm School of Economics. His first job was with Ericsson, which took him to Germany and USA, where he lived for two years in each country. Chris holds over 15 patents in Location Based Services, a field he was involved in creating.
CTO Cléo Hayes McCoy is an Irish software engineer and architect. 15 years in the software industry, her current specialization is the design and implementation of systems for the rendering and manipulation of large datasets on the web. Before co-founding Happy Landlord she consulted with Goo Technologies in Sweden, built open-source software for a variety of platforms, including the Leap Motion, and developed a number of voxel engines. She is currently based in Paris and holds a Bachelor’s degree in Information and Communications Technologies from Trinity College, Dublin.
CMO Maryem Nasri before coming to Adventure Box, Maryem has worked with online communication and marketing for 20 years. She has helped increase sales for companies in different industries at European and Asian markets. Maryem speaks English, French and Spanish fluently, apart from her mother tongue Swedish. She holds a Master of Business Administration with focus on international leadership at Södertörn University.
Lead Game Designer Dmitrii Sapelkin comes from St. Petersburg, Russia, and is now based in Stockholm, Sweden. He has designed multiple published games since 2005 in a wide range of genres – from puzzles to realtime strategy and action, for all kinds of platforms: web, mobile, consoles, and PC. Worked with some major companies like Activision, Midway, Electronic Arts, in most cases in a lead game designer capacity. Before switching to game design, was a software developer and a QA lead for an internet payment system based on cryptographic currency, which is widely used in Russia now.